Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have Logged on with A temporary password you are not able to use any application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have Logged on with A temporary password you are not able to use any application

I have a user that seems to have an issue logging into their Laptop, I took a look at it, her local admin account is still present so that wasnt the issue.
    any tips would be appreciated.

Watson2013
    Last edited by Watson2013; 29th July 2013, 17:07. Reason: Wording

Re: You have Logged on with A temporary password you are not able to use any applica

Too much missing information....

Domain or workgroup?
    Can other accounts log on?

btw, is it really temporary password, or is it temporary profile ?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: You have Logged on with A temporary Profile you are not able to use any applica

I apologize for the inaccurate details, I have a issue with a windows 7 client.
      It seems to only allow a user to log in with a temporary profile, I did some research,
      And discovered this could be resolved by renaming the .bak key inside of
      The registry, I tryed this option to no avail. Still open to suggestions.

Thanks Again
      Watson2013

Forgot to mention,the client is joined to a domain, but the profile
      Is stored local, it's a local admins account , users authenticate to
      The exchange server to connect to There Mailboxes only.
      Last edited by Watson2013; 30th July 2013, 00:49. Reason: To add more detail

Comment

Re: You have Logged on with A temporary password you are not able to use any applica

For a single user, the best option (IMHO) is to delete the current profile (log on as a different local admin, then system properties -- advanced) and rename the profile folder, then log the original user in again to create a new one

If this works, copy content (docs, desktop, favourites...) from the original profile folder. Only if it doesn't should you go deeper.
        Last edited by Ossian; 30th July 2013, 07:43.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks again highly appreciated!

Watson2013

Comment

Working...
          X