Windows 7 installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 installation

I want to install windows 7 / xp on USB Hdd. Pl. help to install windows 7 / xp on USB HDD.

Re: Windows 7 installation

I think you need to clarify which OS you are installing - they are very different

Regarding windows 7, Microsoft say it will not install on removable drives, so the official answer is "you can't do it"

However, there are tricks to fool the hardware into thinking a USB drive is fixed -- an example is at http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/win7onusb but I would suggest a short session with to see what other methods there are. Note that this may be in breach of your Microsoft License Agreement and everything you do is at your own risk

I am not sure about XP, but I would hope that similar methods exist -- again you will need to do some research
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Marlesh View Post
      I want to install windows 7 / xp on USB Hdd. Pl. help to install windows 7 / xp on USB HDD.
      well, you can Google it to find the answers, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by denialily View Post
        well, you can google it to find the answers, good luck
        Be nice!!.......
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi Marlesh,
          if you really want to go for usb installation of windows xp or windows 7,you can try Universal usb creator or PE builder to create USB bootable it is easily available free of cost,and after creating a bootable usb just connect it to your system and change the 1st boot priority to usb after completing this step just restart your system it will get boot with your usb drive ..

Comment

Working...
          X