No announcement yet.

WinRM Error (completely lost)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinRM Error (completely lost)

Hello everyone.

I am having an issue with getting WinRM to work properly on my Windows 7 machine. Basically, I have a bunch of virtual Windows 7 computers on a 2008 R2 Hyper-V and I am trying to use Computer Manager or Network Registry to connect to the Windows 7 machine from another computer.

When connecting through Computer Manager I get the normal message of "Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The resource URI ...:// was not found in the WS-Management catalog. The catalog contains the metadata that describes resources, or logical endpoints. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic."

Here is what I did...
    1. I created a GPO under the WinRM Service with a * for the IPv4 filter (Allow automatic configuration of listeners).
    2. I also ran "winrm quickconfig" and it says that everything is already set up.
    3. The firewall for "Domain networks" is off, which is what my network connection is. Just to clarify, the server is running, I just turn off the firewall for domain and leave it on for home/public.
    4. I also ran Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted in PowerShell
    I just can't seem to find a solution as to what is preventing me from connection to the system. Most of the searches I do come up with doing those items and I've already done them.

Any assistance would be helpful and I thank you in advance.

Re: WinRM Error (completely lost)

Hi, does this help?

Also a good google search criteria might be something like:
    Configuring WinRM using GPO

I would do this in a test environment before rolling it out to the populus.

Good luck!
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: WinRM Error (completely lost)

I already had some of those items implemented on my system but I went through and made the rest of the changes. I am still having the same issue with the system.

As for your suggested search, I already read through these things and know how to set it up. Just for some reason it isn't working. I can comb through that particular search (who knows how many I have tried at this point) and see if anyone is having this issue but I have yet to find one person.

Thank you for responding.