No announcement yet.

win 7 install hangs on starting services

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win 7 install hangs on starting services

hi all, i have tried the search function but couldn't find anything on here.

i am a bit confused, i have tried installing win 7 (business pro and ultimate) onto a couple of machines, one an acer desktop and the other a rm laptop and I get the same thing each time.

When the install reboots and says its starting services it just sits there and does nothing, the hard drive flashes now and again but i left the acer overnight and nothing.

I was worried i had messed up my usb i use to install, but last night I had used the x32 / 64 ultimate cd on the acer and nothing.

i have tried googling for the issue, but one of the few ideas is to boot into safe mode, well on the rm box that didn't work.

these are vanilla install files, no sp's at all.

any ideas would be great.

Re: win 7 install hangs on starting services

Hi, I would start with downloading an up to date ISO from microsoft that includes sp1, it fixes many issues.

Someone has found a work around on here:
    Last edited by uk_network; 19th June 2013, 14:27.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: win 7 install hangs on starting services

cheers, i had kind of come to that conclusion from my research.

i am going to slipstream the sp into my image tonight. fingers crossed that will fix it.