Windows 7 VAMT activation via a proxy server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 VAMT activation via a proxy server

My set up is a little unique. My deployment network is an offline network. I do have one computer that has 2 NICs. One is hooked up to the deployment network, the other is hooked up to the network that has access to the internet. I have VAMT 3.0 installed, so I am using powershell to run the commands. I have tried 2.0 as well with the same results. When I try to get the confirmation IDs, I get an error saying it can't communicate with the windows server to get the confirmation ID. I run it manually and it works fine. If I try to create a powershell script and run it as admin, it fails. If I try to do a remote powershell session and run the command it fails. I can get the product IDs, I can add the installation IDs, but when trying to communicate with the windows server to get the confirmation IDs, it simply fails. If I do this manually, it works fine. I am trying to automate the activation of my Windows 7 boxes and Office 2010 without having to do it manually. I want to make this part of my deployment process as other people will be using this deployment process as well. Thanks
Working...
X