No announcement yet.

Core services

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core services

My win7 won't boot.
    Safe mode stops at a certain service. How do I find the next service (what makes the computer reboot)

Thanks in advance !
    Attached Files

Re: Core services

Only suggestion is to watch a clean boot on a similar PC (if you can)

You could boot from Win7 media and do a system restore/rollback -- recover any data first!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

this looks like Avast antivirus. THere are plenty of other suggestions about it on the first page of google if you search for aswrvrt
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Have you tried the Last Known Good Configuration already? First unplug all network cables, usb cables and a like, before booting into the Last Known Good Configuration.

Can you tell more about the computer; is it a laptop; is it a 64-bit version of Windows 7; what edition; what W7 service pack?
        What has changed resently on this computer (hardware, software or update) before the problems arose?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Additonally, sometimes Safe Mode can take a long time to load Windows depending on the state of the OS. I'd leave it at least 30mins.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy