Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing pdf documents in win7

Hi guys

As usual, some help would be really appreciated.
    I have issues printing some pdf documents in windows7. Especially the 64 version.

It takes ages(about 10 x longer if maybe 20 x ) to spool the document either to the local HP Laserjet (with generic driver from windows update) and to our newly purchased network machine. Konica Minolta C224. Sometimes printing a pdf from email attachment does not even print, then you have to re-print again for something to come through

I have disabled firewalls, anti virus. Fiddled around with some spoolers settings (spooling directly to printer). I think this is a Microsoft issue. The previous laptop with Windows XP and the same HP Laserjet(with genuine HP driver) worked fine.

I doubt it is a reader problem as i experience this on Adobe + some other pdf reader bundled with the new HP laptop.

Some reading brought up a Postscript drivers vs PCL driver. Dont know if anyone has experienced this issue before.

thanks
    H

Re: Printing pdf documents in win7

Ok guys, i have sorted out the problem by upgrading to Adobe reader XI
    I've uninstalled the other pdf program and problem sorted

thanks
    H

Comment

I have same proble. Try to unistall the old version and install from the beginning (not upgrade) the new version.

Comment

I would suspect there is some security setting in your browser or you anti-virus that is preventing it. I was able to view/download/print the linked file. First suggestion,assuming you are using I.E. 8, go to Internet Options (Tools/Internet Options) and click on the Advanced Tab. Click the "Restore Advanced Settings" button and then Apply. Restart I.E. and try the PDF again.

PS: If this issue still exist, I suggestion you convert your PDF files to MS word for print, it is very convenient,but don't use online conversion as it is not safe, for why, see here: http://www.vibosoft.com/ebook/conver...c-windows.html

Hope my answer help you a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X