Entering UAC Password automatically with autorun on a falsh drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering UAC Password automatically with autorun on a falsh drive

I am my company's IT Technician and Some clients have keylogged the administrative password and have done minor to moderate damage to the security of our network without realizing it to the point the passwords had to be completely changed. I need to know a way to be able to write code in a script or batch file and point an autorun file to that script or batch file in order to automatically switch to the consent.exe window and automatically enter the password without the code being able to be keylogged. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance for any and all help given.

Re: Entering UAC Password automatically with autorun on a falsh drive

Originally posted by shanelynn321 View Post
    I am my company's IT Technician and Some clients have keylogged the administrative password and have done minor to moderate damage to the security of our network without realizing it to the point the passwords had to be completely changed. I need to know a way to be able to write code in a script or batch file and point an autorun file to that script or batch file in order to automatically switch to the consent.exe window and automatically enter the password without the code being able to be keylogged. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance for any and all help given.
    I'd be more interested in how they are getting the keyloggers installed in the first place.

Are you running AV??

Are your users members of the Admin group on the PC??

Why are you allowing users access to autorun in the first place?? Disable it on all PC's regardless of who they are.

I think your problem lies deeper than just writing a script and needs to start with policies and enforcement before you start implementing tools to fix.

Comment

Re: Entering UAC Password automatically with autorun on a falsh drive

if you want to do this and post the password unencrypted with your script theres no use for UAC to be turned on, you are better off not doing this and just switch off UAC, because every descent virus (and these are the ones which usually do the most harm) will be able to obtain the password and use it against you....

Comment

Working...
      X