Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The vnc file does not work

Hi

I installed UltraVNC 1.1.8.0 32-bit on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit.

With its viewer, I connect with another computer and I save locally, its vnc configuration file with the password.

When, however, I run the remote control from this file, this window appears:

How come?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

Re: The vnc file does not work

The file has something wrong with it -- can you post its contents as a txt file (mask the password if you want to)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      The file has something wrong with it -- can you post its contents as a txt file (mask the password if you want to)
      You try to check the attachment, and then you could tell me what it does not work.

Thanks

Bye
      Attached Files
      balubeto

Comment

The error screenshot says "Invalid VNC Server specified" so I would start with the host name -- perhaps try an FQDN?

Do you have a working configuration file you can compare your problem one with?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X