No announcement yet.

"Trigger Script" upon Administrator logon

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Trigger Script" upon Administrator logon

I have this computer in my hands (well, virtual machine) and have an admin account on it. However each time I login to the account this message comes up:

There is NO network connectivity with wireless or ethernet.
    The Trigger Script cannot continue unless this is resolved.

The PC will now shutdown. When rebooted the script will run again.

If required please contact your local Schools Technology Support Officer (TSO) for assistance.
    Don't worry if you don't understand the last line about the TSO, it's unnecessary.

I understand the computer is supposed to be connected to a particular network that I know for automatic configuration and whatnot.

This dialog box looks very much like a simple VBS script so I'm sure it can be easily removed. This message only appears when I'm logged in as an administrator, so standard users don't get this message proceed as normal to the desktop. It appears just after the login screen, but before Explorer loads. I cannot access Task Manager or Run when at this screen, however if I hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete it does come up with the Windows Security screen so I can log off, switch user, change password, etc.

What I want to do is to remove this script. Any ideas?

Re: "Trigger Script" upon Administrator logon

If the VM is a domain member, I would start by investigating group policies and seeing if the script comes from there.

If not, look into startup folders and the registry (use MSCONFIG to see what is running)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: "Trigger Script" upon Administrator logon

Contact the TSO would be my first guess. Is there a reason you are not doing this??