Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorites redirection to Windows 7 client doesn't work from anywhere

Hi All,

On http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/g...s-via-GPO.aspx I found a way to redirect the favorites to an alternative location.
    This has worked for me for a very long time and now I run into an issue.

For a long time I have redirected the favorites to a computer running Windows XP Pro.
    This has worked without any problems.

I have now added 2 computers running Windows 7 Pro (let's call them W7A & W7B) and the favorites redirection still works fine.

Now I want to change the redirection to 1 of the Windows 7 computers.
    When I redirect the favorites to W7A and log on to W7B, the favorites become visible and they work.
    When I redirect the favorites to W7A and log on to W7A, the favorites become visible, but they do not work, I can click on them, but nothing happens and I can't add any favorites.
    When I redirect the favorites to W7B and log on to W7A, the favorites become visible and they work.
    When I redirect the favorites to W7B and log on to W7B, the favorites become visible, but they do not work, I can click on them, but nothing happens and I can't add any favorites.

So the favorites become visible but unusable when I log on to a Windows 7 computer to which the favorites are redirected.

I do the same with My Documents, that is redirected to W7A, and works fine on every computer.

Is there a way to get around this behaviour ?
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.
Working...
X