Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrate user accounts from local to domain on the same computer

Hi, folks

I will need to migrate several local user accounts to domain accounts next week. The old and new accounts are located on the same machines. I've seen moveuser.vbs but it does not work in tests I have done.

I can use migwiz to migrate the files/settings from one computer to another and then I can move them back again, but this is a bit of a faff.

Anyone come across a dedicated utility that will migrate user data from a local account to a domain account on the same computer?

Thanks!
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Migrate user accounts from local to domain on the same computer

ADMT appears to handle it (not surprisingly):
    http://blog.thesysadmins.co.uk/admt-...-profiles.html
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks a lot. I'm completely new to this so I ask you to bear with me.

I'll D/L and install it and have a practice run.

None of the machines have been joined to the domain yet, and none of the users have logged onto the domain yet. They all have local admin priviledges at present which will also be granted to the domain accounts on their local machines once those domain accounts are created locally.

But, which will be quicker - running ADMT or getting each user to log into the domain and copying their 'documents' folders to the new account on their machine?

Sorry, I should have included more info in my original post.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

USMT will do domain-user to local-user migration on the same computer
        surely it would go the other way too.. ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X