Printer not showing in RDP session

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer not showing in RDP session

Hi, I have a problem which I cannot seem to resolve. I have a client with a Win 7 pro 64 bit machine and she has an HP Laserjet 4000 attached locally. She is doing RDP to a Win XP 32 bit machine and the Laserjet is not showing up.
    I've made sure "printers" is checked in Local Resources
    I've made sure the driver installed has both a 64 and 32 version
    I know redirect is working because the default XPS printer is showing up in the RDP session.
    The printer redirects successfully to another 64 bit machine.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out

Re: Printer not showing in RDP session

Originally posted by leastcmplicated View Post
    Hi, I have a problem which I cannot seem to resolve. I have a client with a Win 7 pro 64 bit machine and she has an HP Laserjet 4000 attached locally. She is doing RDP to a Win XP 32 bit machine and the Laserjet is not showing up.
    I've made sure "printers" is checked in Local Resources
    I've made sure the driver installed has both a 64 and 32 version
    I know redirect is working because the default XPS printer is showing up in the RDP session.
    The printer redirects successfully to another 64 bit machine.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out
    In addition to Win 7 x86 and x64 drivers, is the XP driver installed as well?

Comment

I tried adding the 32bit XP driver under "additional drivers" but it wont take it. I keep getting an error that it doesnt have the correct information

Comment

Hello.

I don't know if you have installed the driver for it on Windows XP. If not please install it there as well.

Comment

Working...
        X