No announcement yet.

IE8 / Proxy Setting / Disable

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE8 / Proxy Setting / Disable

I have a Windows 7 Professional system. 32-bit running IE8 that has proxy server enabled. When the user logs off the proxy settings disable. Forcing the user (or me) to go into the LAN settings to re-enable the proxy settings.

I am not running any scripts or batch files on this system. It is a desktop that has worked fine for months up until recently (past week?).

I am looking to see why it continues to disable the proxy settings after the user logs off.

- Windows 7 Pro
    - 32 Bit
    - IE8
    - Proxy settings set to a (servername) PORT 8080
    - GP is set for the user to have Proxy access.
    - It is part of LAN/WAN.

Re: IE8 / Proxy Setting / Disable

you could check if any group policies are applied by doing something like
    gpresult /v > c:\result.txt
    failing that do a system restore to when it worked
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Moved to Win 7 forum
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I agree, check if a policy possibly is overwiting the setting with a empty value.

Also check if perhaps a 'temporary profile' is loaded for the user(s) instead of the original user profile present on this computer.

Both could explain the sudden reset of the previous configured settings. And additionally, causing the new poxy settings no longer remembered.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Thanks for the prompt feed back. I will try the suggestions out and get back to this forum.

**I apologize for putting this into the MISC. forum intially. Thank you for moving it to the W7.