ActiveSync hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveSync hell

Problem: offline files do not begin sync'ing when laptop is reconnected to local area network.

This might just be a case of me not understanding exactly how ActiveSync is supposed to work and/or trying to use it incorrectly.

I have a user with a laptop.
    Her laptop is a member of a local 2008R2 domain.
    Like all users, her "My Documents" folder is redirected to a network file server
    (specifically, "U:\MyDocuments").

I have right-clicked on this folder and enabled Offline Files. I can goto Sync Center and tell it to "sync now". It does.

When the user puts the computer to sleep (or even logs off completely), and disconnects the computer from the network, she can go home and work on her files offline.

The problem occurs when she comes back to work the next day. She plugs the laptop into the Local Area Network (all of the mapped disks are available). However, ActiveSync does not begin syncing the files to the mapped directory. In other words, there is now a difference between her local "My Documents" and the one on the network file share.

Re: ActiveSync hell

1. Offline Files don't use ActiveSync. ActiveSync is a Microsoft Exchange Server component/feature.

2. It's been a while since I've used Offline Files but aren't there settings to determine when a sync occurs? Could it be that Offline Files is configured to sync upon disconnect and/or logoff but not on logon?

Comment

Re: ActiveSync hell

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      1. Offline Files don't use ActiveSync. ActiveSync is a Microsoft Exchange Server component/feature.
      SyncCenter then.

2. It's been a while since I've used Offline Files but aren't there settings to determine when a sync occurs? Could it be that Offline Files is configured to sync upon disconnect and/or logoff but not on logon?
      Yes, but clicking on the button for the schedule does nothing whatsoever.

This is a fresh Win7 (Enterprise, 64bit) install.

Comment

Working...
      X