Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to rdp to W7 client - port not listening

Hi all,

Im having problems with a perticular W7 Pro client whereby I am unable to rdp to it. It worked fine previously (cant remember the last time I connected to it) but now its not working. I have checked the service which is running, I have also checked the port in the registry and its set to 3389 which is fine. But when I do a netstat -a 3389 isnt listening.

Ive seen a couple of solutions where by the users replaced termdd.sys and tdtcp.sys but these files are locked and I am unable to replace them.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!!

Re: Unable to rdp to W7 client - port not listening

What happens if you telnet to it from a machine on the same LAN?

Comment

Nothing as the port isnt open on the client.

Comment

Have you checked the FireWall? Perhaps it has dropped into a different Firewall profile where the FireWall is on and locking things down.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... Ive disabled the firewall as a test (stopped the firewall service) but surely if the port isnt listening the firewall is irrelevant?

Next step is to change the rdp port to see if that kicks it back into life.

Comment

I had a similar problem with an XP machine which was fixed by running a sfc /scannow
            Anything in the event logs? Have you tried disabling all non-MS services?
            Let us know how you get on with it!

Comment

Try system restore, works miracles
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by 5habbaranks View Post
                Hi all,

Im having problems with a perticular W7 Pro client whereby I am unable to rdp to it. It worked fine previously (cant remember the last time I connected to it) but now its not working. I have checked the service which is running, I have also checked the port in the registry and its set to 3389 which is fine. But when I do a netstat -a 3389 isnt listening.

Ive seen a couple of solutions where by the users replaced termdd.sys and tdtcp.sys but these files are locked and I am unable to replace them.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!!
                Go to System Properties (Win+Break), choose Change Settings.

Click the remote tab. Click dont allow. Click apply. Click allow. Click apply.

Does that work?

Comment

Working...
                X