No announcement yet.

Windows 7 GPP errors on login

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 GPP errors on login

I've setup Group Policy Preferences/files (GPP), to allow copying of BGInfo screens to all authenticated users, it works great on the 2008 DC but failes on Windows7 computers.
    "Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code 0x80070003" ..."the system could not find the path specified"

I'm using:
    BGInfo.exe "%ProgramFiles%\BGInfo\Bginfo.exe"
    BGInfo.bgi "%ProgramFiles%\BGInfo\Bginfo.bgi"
    StartBGInfo.cmd "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\BGInfo.cmd"

I've looked exhaustively on the web for a solution and tried just about all I can, any input would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 GPP errors on login

Does the file exist at the location you are using? How are you actually copying the BGINFO over as by the looks of it, it needs to be placed with the variable locations you have set on the Windows 7 workstations.

The file does not exist at the Windows7 locations...the files are being copied using Group Policy Preferences by adding in the file folder and editing the Win7 locations as below. It looks like it's trying to copy to the win7 location, but says can't find paths (?)

Problem solved, you gave me a hint;
        used UNC to define location of source great thanks!
        Last edited by ozbie; 27th April 2012, 15:57.