Printers Disappear every time Windows 7 restarts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers Disappear every time Windows 7 restarts

I am currently work in the IT department for a midsize company (150+ users) and am having an issue with only one of my User's Windows 7 machine. This main issue is every time my user resets the computer all network printers disappear from "Devices and Printers", and gives me an error message if i try to reinstall the printers after they disappear. I'm able to get rid of the error message and re install the printers by going into HK_Current_User -> Printers -> Connections and delete the network printer left in the registry but then when I reset the machine poof printers are gone again and I need to start the cycle over again to add the printers. In a last ditch effort i attempted to add a local policy to deploy the printers each time the user logs in but the policy will not take effect until the registry entries are removed. Another note is that this isn't profile specific and happens to any user that logs into the computer. Funny thing is this actually use to be my old workstation before I got a ultrabook last week, and i never experienced any sort of printing issues, only thing i did to it before giving her my machine was delete my profile and uninstall some unneed software.

I'm hoping someone has ran into a similar issue or can give me a couple more ideas to try because I feel like I'm at the end of the rope on this one.

Re: Printers Disappear every time Windows 7 restarts

i know you said it's not profile specific, but it sounds like a profile issue.. are you finding outlook reconfigured itself?
    is there anything in the event logs ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

It may be group policy , resetting printers
      As you saying registry is changing too, i'll start diagnosing from group policies

Comment

The printers need to be deployed in Windows 7. As an admin run gpedit.msc

There you will find the policy editor. Go to local machine policy and deploy the printer. (We use printers shared on a server. Just enter \\servername\\printersharename and you will be good to go. you may need to do a gpupdate to force the policy

Comment

Working...
        X