Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop icon lost the graphics

My system:
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with Internet Explorer 8.

I don't know how to explain how the icon looks like but this is what happened to the Your Uninstaller's shortcut icon on the desktop:

It was just fine then I went to Internet Explorer properties --> general tab --> delete browsing history etc. done, Your Uninstaller's desktop icon lost its beautiful graphic.

I reinstalled the program but nothing has changed also the shortcut works and the program too.

Here is a screenshot: http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3...ninstaller.jpg

Thanks in advance for help.

Re: Desktop icon lost the graphics

Have you tried to right click the shortcut
    Properties
    Shortcut tab
    Change Icon and select any icon that it available.

I have sometime found that you need to select an alternative icon, click Apply and Ok then repeat the steps and then select the beautiful graphic for your shortcut.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I would say 99% of the time the icon is within the main executable program if you follow biggles instructions to the point where instead of changing the icon, go ahead and browse for the application folder (possibly in program files folder), then choose the app name most likely the icon will show up, once you click the OK button the icon will show up.
      Also sometimes you need to right click your desktop right after and choose refresh this will redraw the desktop and relink the apps.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Have you tried to right click the shortcut
        Properties
        Shortcut tab
        Change Icon and select any icon that it available.

I have sometime found that you need to select an alternative icon, click Apply and Ok then repeat the steps and then select the beautiful graphic for your shortcut.
        Hi and thanks for quick and effective help!

Your suggestion worked and now I got my beautiful icon back
        Here's the screenshot: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1...installer2.jpg

PS: you can see the bloody desktop.ini icons so I'll be back to the related topic for a solution.
        Last edited by similpelle; 26th March 2012, 00:10. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Originally posted by mloucel View Post
          I would say 99% of the time the icon is within the main executable program if you follow biggles instructions to the point where instead of changing the icon, go ahead and browse for the application folder (possibly in program files folder), then choose the app name most likely the icon will show up, once you click the OK button the icon will show up.
          Also sometimes you need to right click your desktop right after and choose refresh this will redraw the desktop and relink the apps.

Good luck.
          Thanks for help.

I didn't try executable's icon because all I needed (in my specific case) was available after clicking on change icon tab and so some icons were already there to play with including Your Uninstaller's icon.
          But by choosing Your Uninstaller's icon and refreshing the desktop didn't work so I followed biggles' suggestion and chose whatever icon (no matter which one) and applied the settings then I did it again and this time I chose Your Uninstaller's icon and all was fixed.

Comment

Working...
          X