X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem to connect with MSTSC

Hello

I try to connect by the following process:

first to Windows 2003 server connects and from the server I connect to my computer that is WINDOWS 7 64 BIT and I get this message that appears at the link attached (subject appears in blue link)

LOGON MESSAGE: Another user is currently logged on to this computer. If you continue, this user has to disconnect from this computer. Do you wish to continue?

Thanks would love a solution as soon as
    Last edited by tehcamel; 17th March 2012, 05:47.

Re: problem to connect with MSTSC

Tell the local user to log off (or click YES and they will be logged off)
    Windows 7 is a client OS and only supports one connection at a time, either local or remote.
    (I see the link offers a way of changing this, but you will be breaking the windows license agreement if you do -- and personally I would not touch the zip file with a bargepole!)

If you need to support the local user while they are logged on, look at Remote Assistance

(Server OSes allow one local and two remote sessions, except on a terminal server where multiple remote sessions are allowed subject to licensing)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The local user logof but nevertheless when the user try to login the pc by mstsc this is the message that he get (from the link that i send )
      i do not understand what is your resolve to my problem

MOD EDIT: changed text to lower case.
      Last edited by Rems; 16th March 2012, 11:47.

Comment

Pardon me -- my crystal ball was obviously off when I read your original post and I completely failed to pick up the fact that the local user was logged off.

Is the user attempting to login a member of the Remote Desktop Group on the client machine (by default this group contains local admins only)?

btw, no need to SHOUT
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dell,

Now do we have to moderate every post you make in this thread?

Firstly, why posting a link just to show what in the message?
          Besites that, the subject of the linked article is about a hack that break the terms of the EULA. Not appreciated here.

You did not wrote that there was no user logged on, instead you inserted a link to an article about Concurrent Users Sessions on Windows 7. Furthermore, you wrote that you make a connection from your computer to a Windows 2003 server and from the server you connect to your computer. That could also read as connecting back to your computer.
          I do not understand how that not can be confusing.

Secondly, have a look here at #6. Posts that do not comply with these guidelines will be either locked or deleted.

thank you.

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Since we are on the subject, the following is well worth a look at.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...letin/ms12-020
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Rems
              What is your goal this forum to come if the grievances and complaints can be said in one sentence what not Register as clearly??
              i do not know where you see that i shout or Angry ?? i just do not see where is the answere to my question? Sory Afgain!!
              Last edited by Dell; 16th March 2012, 17:40.

Comment

Let me put my question again:
                the user try to connect his pc from his hom.
                and he get the message that i show
                Sorry if i not clear before
                thanks

Comment

Let the system periodically check the RDP session state on the computer to ensure that the session state on the RD Session Host server is consistent with the client state. You can set the interval (in minutes) with a policy, you can set the interval to 10 minutes (configured in local gpo or in a domain GPO);
                  Computer configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Remote Desktop Services / Remotye Desktop Sessions Host /Connections -> Configure keep-alive connection interval

Just a few questions (they may be or not relevant, but it could be helpful for diagnosing the problem),

- Is the user that gets this messaga a local admin on the remote machine? (Taken from the phrase "this user has to disconnect", Fast User Switching is enabled on the windows 7 computer. If it was not enabled the message content would have revealed if he is an admin or not).
                  - What RDP version is on the Windows Server.
                  - Is he using the console or the admin option for the remote connection?

- When this message appear can he hit Yes and continue without further problems?

And.. when connected succesfully to the 2003 server, and from there it is not possible to connect to the Windows 7 computer, run the command qwinsta /server:<windows7computer>. It shows the current session and the session state on the remote computer. If it shows a disconnected session, you perhaps could configure a time limit for disconnected sessions.

/Rems

EDIT:
                  Originally posted by Dell View Post
                  i do not know where you see that i shout or Angry ??
                  Typing a message in all capital letters appear "louder" and bolder than mixed case, and this is referred to as "shouting"

_
                  Last edited by Rems; 17th March 2012, 10:56.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                  and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

ok thanks
                    the mstsc work fine until one week i do not know what change in the user pc
                    she just connect the the server from his home and then from the server she open mstsc write the station ip and try to connect and she get the message (no policy )

Comment

Are you able to connect to the PC under your account?
                      Have you checked membership of the Remote Desktop Users group?
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

i not check it
                        can you write me same work around
                        if its work by my user
                        what to do in next....ok?

Comment

1) Check if you can log on with YOUR account
                          2) Post back with results
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

having read over your first thread again.

what you're saying is:
                            The user has a workstation, let's call it Computer1. User works on this computer during the day. When she goes home at the end of the day, she logs off computer1.

Sometimes, User logs on from home. To do this, she logs on to the Server from home, then to open a remotedesktop connection to Computer1. When she connects to computer1, she uses the IP Address of computer1, and not the hostname.

Recently, when connecting from home, User has been receiving a message stating "another user is logged on to this computer"

Is that a correct analysis?

If so, I'd like you to try a couple of things:

First of all, please post me a copy of the IPCONFIG results from Computer1.
                            Secondly, download PSTools, and run PSLoggedOn, and find out which actual user is logged on to Computer1.
                            Thirdly, instead of using Remote Desktop with the IP address, please use the computer hostname and see if that works.
                            fourth, on the conputer, run the command "ipconfig /registerdns" then on the server, run the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

(TL;DR - I suspect that, at some point, the IP address for Computer1 has changed. Even though User is typing in the IP address, it's now trying to connect to a different computer, thus the message.)

IF USER is Logged Off Computer1, and noone else is logged on to Computer1, and you are receiving this message, I can only interpret it as the IP address being wrong, so the connection attempts to Computer2, instead of computer1.
                            Last edited by tehcamel; 18th March 2012, 02:10.
                            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi
                              tehcamel :
                              thanks for all the details\Information that you send me
                              the Information ןד:
                              with local administrator no message its ok
                              IPCONFIG results from Computer1.--its work by DHCP
                              IF I CONNECT FROM MY PC \LAPTOP TO THE USER PC WITH THE USER USER NAME AND PASSWORD I LOGIN AND SEE THE USER DESKTOP ,MAIL,ETC
                              WHAT TO DO MORE ,HELP

what next?
                              THANKS
                              Last edited by Dell; 18th March 2012, 18:38. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

Working...
                              X