Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows7 creates temp (*.tmp) files when synching to server 2003

Hi guys

I have noticed that all of my Windows7 machines connected to a Server2003 std domain controller created temp files when synchronizing offline files.
    I map via script a mapped drive which is a folder on the server only accessible by the administrator and the user themeselve

The client pc sync centre will report that an offline files has been changed on this computer while offlien has been deleted or renamed on the server (which is not the case)

This seems to happen only with office files (excel,word)
    I dont know if it happens with other files because the users mainly use office files.

I also use the anti virus: ESET NOD32 v 4.2 and there's no firewall between my client pc's and the server that will cause this

thanks for the response
    HEnk

Re: Windows7 creates temp (*.tmp) files when synching to server 2003

Good day

Has anybody encountered this issue before? Its driving me nuts
    thanks

Comment

Please don't bounce your posts -- if someone who can answer reads this, they will give you some response.

Remember all members here give up their free time to help others -- if you need an authoritative, timely response, Microsoft Product Support Services will be delighted to help you (all major credit cards accepted )
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We have this same issue within a SBS 2003 environment.

We have an number of workstations we are upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7. We are also using roaming profiles and offline files.

When we log users onto the new Windows 7 computers for the first time. Every item which was on their Windows XP Desktop is not displayed on their new Windows 7 computer as a .tmp file.

We have worked around this by running the Microsoft Easy Transfer Wizard on the XP machine and then rebuilding the Windows 7 profile and importing the profile information.

Any thoughts on the issue would be helpful

Comment

Working...
        X