Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaging Windows 7

Hello Team,

I'm looking for the best way to automate the windows imaging system. I have multiple locations and I'm currently using Symantec Backup Exec software to image the laptop/desktop then restore them to different system with identical hardware. but all this has been done manually. mean we have to be physically at the computer boot it from the CD then the drive etc..

if you guys are using imaging system to help you automate the process.. what kind of image software system are you guys using?

I don't see the Win7 image functionality is helping me to archive what I want to do.

Thanks,
    HN

Re: Imaging Windows 7

You have looked at the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and lite-touch deployment?

Alternatively with SCCM you can go to zero touch
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

what is SCCM? I look at the video tutorial on MS Dev. Toolkits and I dont think it will fit my needs.

Correction, Im currently using Symantec System Recovery desktop edit 8.5.
      This is how I currently image my system.

Let say I bought had Acer123. I custom config that model with software etc.. like java, adobe and updates etc.. then I clone that Acer123 to an image.

now I bought a second system with Acer123. I just restore that image and everything is identical with the first unit except computer name and SSID.

so Im looking for a tool to help me achieve simular method but more automate.

Thanks,
      Saray

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You have looked at the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and lite-touch deployment?

Alternatively with SCCM you can go to zero touch

Comment

System Centre Configuration Manager -- an excellent enterprise tool for deploying applications, updates and even whole OSes
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X