Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working proper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working proper

Hi,
    My win7 ultimate system behaves strangely. When I do some typing, the screen shutters. When I type, the active window is replace by another one without any clear rationale, when I type, only part of the text gets typed, etc.
    I ran an analysis by TuneUp Utilities 2012 and got the following hint:

Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working properly.

All I found of NVIDIA products on my task list is a display driver for NVIDIA 9500 GT, which functions with no fault.

What's wrong?

Re: Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working pr

What date/version is the driver you are using? Is it the same version and date as the following:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html

Sometimes a driver will be reported as working, but it may need to be updated or 'refreshed'. If you have further issues after updating, remove the driver completely then do a reinstall.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Re: Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working pr

Originally posted by Blood View Post
      What date/version is the driver you are using? Is it the same version and date as the following:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html

Sometimes a driver will be reported as working, but it may need to be updated or 'refreshed'. If you have further issues after updating, remove the driver completely then do a reinstall.
      I tried to install the driver' but got only the graphic driver was installed successfully. All other installations' failed.
      See attached capture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check your motherboard manufacturer for a BIOS update. If available, update your BIOS.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thank you, Blood.
          I followed you suggestion and updated my bios to ver. 14. The NVIDIA installation ended successfully!
          Unbelievable.

Comment

Awesome

I'm really pleased you got it sorted out

Comment

Still, TuneUp Utilities continues to report that

A device is not working properly
              Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working properly.

I don't acknowledge any problem, still, there might be a problem and I can be unaware of it...

Comment

Perhaps your best bet is to post on the nVidia forums. Let us know what the solution is if you manage to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X