Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Backup & Restore Not Launching

Hello,
    After uninstalling Acronis, my backup and restore key won't launch. I followed instructions at Winhelponline.com to fix entries in regedit, but when I try to use the Fix-W7BackupKeys.zip file, it does not work. After unzipping and clicking on the .reg file or even merging the file, I get a message, "Not all data was written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other users." I'm the only user.

Re: Windows 7 Backup & Restore Not Launching

Moved to Win7 forum as better location
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows 7 Backup & Restore Not Launching

Originally posted by 52Lauren View Post
      Hello,
      After uninstalling Acronis, my backup and restore key won't launch. I followed instructions at Winhelponline.com to fix entries in regedit, but when I try to use the Fix-W7BackupKeys.zip file, it does not work. After unzipping and clicking on the .reg file or even merging the file, I get a message, "Not all data was written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other users." I'm the only user.
      On windows 7 there are 3 users one yourself one administrator and one guest.
      You need to check if the services are running and check the event logs. Keep us informed.

Comment

Working...
      X