Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

The Performance Options | Visual Effects settings are purely user-based and, when set, do not apply to all users of the respective server/workstation (2008/Win7).

I noticed this when one of the OS builders kept setting this option to "Let Windows Choose...." but kept complaining that when other users logged on the setting would reset.

I advised him that this was a user-based setting, as the changes are saved back to the user hive in the registry, and he asked how can we set this option for ALL users.

All I can offer him is a group Policy based solution but is there a tweak that can be done in the OS so that when we deploy the image it is already set for all users? Thanks.

• JDMils
    replied
    Re: Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

Thanks. We're using a combination of SCCM and VMware templates to deploy workstations and servers respectively. Would I assume that if I set this option via group policy for ALL users then it will increase the performance of a server? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• gforceindustries
    replied
    Re: Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

You say "deploy the image" which suggests to me you're pushing out a customised installation rather than a "standard" one - is that right?

In any case, if you've found a Group Policy setting to do this, that would probably be the easiest method.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X