Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

The Performance Options | Visual Effects settings are purely user-based and, when set, do not apply to all users of the respective server/workstation (2008/Win7).

I noticed this when one of the OS builders kept setting this option to "Let Windows Choose...." but kept complaining that when other users logged on the setting would reset.

I advised him that this was a user-based setting, as the changes are saved back to the user hive in the registry, and he asked how can we set this option for ALL users.

All I can offer him is a group Policy based solution but is there a tweak that can be done in the OS so that when we deploy the image it is already set for all users? Thanks.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

You say "deploy the image" which suggests to me you're pushing out a customised installation rather than a "standard" one - is that right?

In any case, if you've found a Group Policy setting to do this, that would probably be the easiest method.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Win7 Performance Options | Visual Effects is a per-user setting!

Thanks. We're using a combination of SCCM and VMware templates to deploy workstations and servers respectively. Would I assume that if I set this option via group policy for ALL users then it will increase the performance of a server? Thanks.
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

Working...
      X