Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder redirection on Windows 7 with local group policy

Hello NG

I work with Windows 7 enterprise. The workstations are "not" member of a Domain. They are only member in a workgroup. Now I need to redirect folders to a server path. Unfortunatelly i didn't find the the folder redirection option in my local grouppolicy.

The folder redirection is available on the domain group policy but not in a local group policy.

Is there a way to define an ADM file that supports folder redirection on windows 7 workstation trough local group policy?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Folder redirection on Windows 7 with local group policy

Originally posted by anynetsolution View Post
    Hello NG

I work with Windows 7 enterprise. The workstations are "not" member of a Domain. They are only member in a workgroup. Now I need to redirect folders to a server path. Unfortunatelly i didn't find the the folder redirection option in my local grouppolicy.

The folder redirection is available on the domain group policy but not in a local group policy.

Is there a way to define an ADM file that supports folder redirection on windows 7 workstation trough local group policy?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Folder redirection is part of domain group policy and I do not think it would work with workstation unless you use a 3rd party software for folder redirection that would include authentication for server as well.

Comment

Re: Folder redirection on Windows 7 with local group policy

Have you considered using a script to redirect the required folders?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X