Running program in compatibility mode + run as administrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running program in compatibility mode + run as administrator

I'm looking for a way to run AutoCad 2005 on Windows 7. However, you must run it in XP mode with elevated privileges.

I do not want to have to give the end user local administrator privileges.

I have tried the runas /savecred switch with no luck. However, I found a workaround using Task Scheduler - however the user does not have permissions to the task. How would I give them permissions to execute the task?

(Been a long time since I've done desktop support, so I apologize if this may be right in front of my face! )

Re: Running program in compatibility mode + run as administrator

I think what you're looking for is modifying the permissions on the Windows\Tasks folder as well as the tasks within that folder. Grant the users the proper permissions for them to run tasks (execute permissions I think - you might want to turn on access auditing on the folder and see what's being allowed and denied just to make sure). So in other words, you've got to cacl your acls. An odd coincidence after our brief conversation this afternoon.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
      I think what you're looking for is modifying the permissions on the Windows\Tasks folder as well as the tasks within that folder. Grant the users the proper permissions for them to run tasks (execute permissions I think - you might want to turn on access auditing on the folder and see what's being allowed and denied just to make sure). So in other words, you've got to cacl your acls. An odd coincidence after our brief conversation this afternoon.
      That was the ticket! Total mind blank, been awhile since I've done this stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by vCole View Post
        I'm looking for a way to run AutoCad 2005 on Windows 7. However, you must run it in XP mode with elevated privileges.

I do not want to have to give the end user local administrator privileges.

I have tried the runas /savecred switch with no luck. However, I found a workaround using Task Scheduler - however the user does not have permissions to the task. How would I give them permissions to execute the task?

(Been a long time since I've done desktop support, so I apologize if this may be right in front of my face! )
        You need to go into programmes>autocad folder> and look for exe file and allow permisson only for modify to exe first and try it if not give it ful on folder.

Comment

Working...
        X