Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Desktop Wallpaper" Group Policy setting is not applied in Windows 7

Hello.
    Windows 7 (sp1) domain users logging onto the domain, users receive a black wallpaper.
    I have tried the below fix but receive an error message:

'The update is not applicable to your computer.'

Has anyone else found a resolution to this error?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...rss&spid=14481

Windows6.1-KB977944-x86.msu

I have already tried the below registry key with no success.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    Double-click the WALLPAPER registry entry. In the Value data box, type a value, such as c:\temp\wallpaper.jpg, and then click OK.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by uk_network; 10th October 2011, 13:16.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: The "Desktop Wallpaper" Group Policy setting is not applied in Windows 7

issue resolved, pc wasnt in correct OU that ran a copy wallpaper to c:\wallpaper dir

Please delete this post.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Thank you for posting back with what the problem was and because you have posted a problem and the solution, the post stays so others can learn from it.

This is what this Community is all about.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I didn't quite understand what you meant by "correct OU" I'm quite experienced with computers but I've never heard of this term, searching for it didn't give me enough answers either.

Comment

OUs (Organisational Units) are part of Active Directory, an enterprise level tool to manage computers quickly and easily.
          If you do not work at a relatively senior IT admin level (above help desk) you may well have never heard of it.

One major purpose of OUs is to target group policy -- engforced, standardised, settings to make computer management easier
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X