Win7 / IE9 Folder Move

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 / IE9 Folder Move

I keep my data files and settings on a separate drive, D:. I would like to move the folder(s) IE9 uses for Favorites, Temporary Files, History and Cookies. I found a Registry Key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders, with entries for Cache, Cookies, Favorites, History. Is it really as simple as changing these entries?

Cache: - C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tem porary Internet Files
    Cookies: - C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\C ookies
    Favorites: - C:\Users\Admin\Favorites
    History: - C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\His tory

Would appreciate to know how I can redirect these folders to D:\IE, the space I have allocated for them, and should I change the Shell folder destination to do this

Re: Win7 / IE9 Folder Move

This sums it up well http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/micr...ow-change.html

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Using the Location Tab works for Cookies and Favorites. Temporary Internet Files (Cache) and History have no tabs, but it seems, reading the dialog boxes, that IE uses the same folder for TIF's and History?

Comment

Yes, it was my understanding that it will create the full Dir hive needed for IE to work. So it will create your temp, history, cookies (unless placed elsewhere) and everything else.

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
        X