No announcement yet.

Win 7 Prof. X64 Join to Win 2000 Domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 7 Prof. X64 Join to Win 2000 Domain

Dear All,

I recently bought laptop that came with Win 7 HomePremium. I also bought Windows upgrade license to Win 7 Prof and it is now upgraded to Win 7 Prof version 6.1 (7600).

Problem I am facing is when I join it to Win 2000 domain, see attached picture I get this error. Computer ask for a re start and upon doing so, I see it is in domain 2000 computer, it appears in AD users and computers. After this I tried to add one domain user but getting error 'The user could not be added because trust relation ship between this work station and primary domain failed'.

For sure from the beginning when I add this Win 7 to domain there is some disturbance due to which now also I am unable to add a domain user.

It is very urgent , can anyone share his experiences for the same. I followed steps from one post and changed 'Network Security: Lan Manager authenticaton level to "Snd LM & NTLM responses", also enabled NetBIOS over TCP /IP. Still no success.

Please share

Attached Files
    Last edited by wajeeh_r; 28th September 2011, 15:03. Reason: Want to attach Netsetup.log file for experts