Help using CTRL/ALT/DEL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help using CTRL/ALT/DEL

I have a Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory and over 30 Client PCs using XP Pro. All works well and the Client PCs need to press CTRL/ALT/DEL to logon using the Classic logon screen.

I have now purchased a PC with Windows 7 Ultimate. I have added it to the Domain and all works well except that I cannot make the PC ask for CTRL/ALT/DEL. I have set the option in the User accounts, read and implemented the various gpedit and registry fixes but no success. (I am also trying to remove the Switch User option, also without success.) I appreciate that I can no longer have the Classic logon screen in W7 but no way can I implement the CAD option.

I am stumped. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Re: Help using CTRL/ALT/DEL

Do the results of RSoP on that machine show that the policies are being applied correctly?

I have a very similar setup here, and nothing had to be done to get the CAD option to work with windows 7.

Comment

I'm fairly sure W7 just treats it differently..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Win 7 allows FUS on a domain but should, even ultimate, require CAD.

Have you tried disjoining it, possibly deleting the PC account, then rejoining the domain?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts, then Manage User Accounts, then Advanced tab and under Secure logon check Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
          Last edited by tehcamel; 25th October 2011, 06:21. Reason: oh crap! sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Toona View Post
            Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts, then Manage User Accounts, then Advanced tab and under Secure logon check Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
            good call.. but if it's being managed centrally somewhere, then GPO is going to just overwrite this, if i recall correctly..
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

We have numerous machines on the domain and each of them needs Ctrl+Alt+Del to get logged into the network.

I'm with Tom on this one. Remove the computer from the domain, delete the computer account and re-add.

Comment

Working...
              X