No announcement yet.

HP installer setup has stopped working - Aspire One

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP installer setup has stopped working - Aspire One

I am at my wits end. I have an HP Photosmart C4750 at home and a Photosmart C5580 at work. I have never had any trouble installing these printer's software from the HP CDs or in downloading and installing it from the HP website on numerous netbook and notebook computers including Toshiba, Gateway and an Acer Timeline AS1830T. All had 10.1" or 11.6" displays. All were Win 7, 32 or 64 bit, Starter, Home Premium or Pro. No problems ever, wirelessly with the C4750, or USB with the C5580.
    I recently bought a really nice, little, 11.6"Acer Aspire One AS722 BZ480, Win 7, 64 bit, Home Premium, from Costco for $300. It's a great little computer which fits all of my computing needs except one, i.e It is apparently impossible to install the software for either one of my printers. I have spent hours on the phone with HP and Acer support to no avail. Acer's final answer was that I'd have to call their "pay $38/hr support" with no guarantee of success.. I have now tried to get this done with five different AS722s,( three 722 BZ480s, one 722 BZ197and one BZ 454). The final message I always receive is, "the hp installer setup has stopped working". I can download the software from the HP website and the extraction process completes but that's it. On the C5580, even though the software is not installed, I can print just by connecting the USB cable. This won't work with the C4750. It says the C4750 drivers are not present and I can find no way to get beyond this. Today I bought an HP Officejet 6500A and the software installs perfectly with the Cd or from the HP website. My son-in-law has correctly identified this problem as my Mt. Everest and he is right. Everything I have bought I can return for a full refund with no restocking charge so everything will go back to where I bought it (Walmart, Target, Costco, Amazon) once I get this figured out.
    Googling, "The HP installer setup has stopped working" first brings up a four page conversation with a Microsoft tech who never does solve the exact same problem.
    Here's the bottom line. I want someone to help me get HP Photosmart C4750 software installed on my Acer Aspire One AS722. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP installer setup has stopped working - Aspire One

Have you tried disabling all your start-ups via msconfig, and disabling all non-Microsoft services, rebooting and installing it? You can enable them afterwards - make sure you make a note of which start-ups and services are enabled before you disable them.

I'm thinking that perhaps some security software or something similar is preventing the installation from finishing.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy