Accidental Sysprep on a Win7 box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidental Sysprep on a Win7 box

I am in a panic, and hoping someone here can help. The answer may be out there, but I am beyond stressed at this point.

I was showing someone where Sysprep was located, and what it looked like when ran on my production machine. I of course meant to cancel what I had done, but I didn't, and I accidentally Syspreped my machine. Of course, now when it starts it is configured for a first use. How can I undo/fix this?

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

J

Re: Accidental Sysprep on a Win7 box

I can't think of anything sorry mate, just re-enter relevant settings..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You can't.

You will need to setup again from scratch.

BTW your programs and such should still be ok but if you have stored any docs in your profile they will be lost as domain profiles are deleted when sysprep is run.

Hope you had a good backup.

Comment

I did just run through the wizard, then rejoined it to the domain, and logged back on. Everything was intact, and I was back in business.

J

Comment

As you have now discovered, local profiles remain when Sysprep is run. As mentioned by wullieb1 though, domain profiles are not so lucky. Glad to hear that this wasn’t an issue for you.

Comment

Working...
          X