Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Download Windows Starter Edition, I have the License !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Windows Starter Edition, I have the License !

Hi Friends,
    I'm working on a corporate company where we bought many 10" Lenovo Laptops which came with Pre-loaded Windows 7 Starter edition Licensed. Now i'm facing so many problem with the Laptop mainly very slow, I tried all actions like Clean tempfiles/Service Pack files/C Cleaner/Increased Virtual Mem e.t.c...

Now to format & reload the OS I need the Media which Lenovo has not provided, As i've the license I need to download the OS so, Friends please give your suggestions.
    Regards,

Naresh

Re: Download Windows Starter Edition, I have the License !

have you asked Lenovo to supply the media ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Normally there will be some sort of recovery partition you can extract the WIM file from, then use WDS to deploy it
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Alternatively, you can download the media from MS and activate it using the OEM key supplied.

Http://www.forum.notebookreview.com/...ta-before.html
        Last edited by L4ndy; 23rd August 2011, 09:50.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions,

As I contacted the Lenovo support they said that the Laptop can be restored to the Initial stage[Shipping stage Image] by using the Lenovo One Key Recovery button.

This is said to be similiar to formatting as we are loading a Image which is taken at the lenovo factory itself.

They will not provide any media with the system so, Need to use the One Key recovery option only.

This One Key Recovery can be used to take Snapshots which can be used to restore at later times.

Thanks 4 all
          Regards,

Naresh

Comment

Have a look through the programs on a restored media as it MAY give you the option to make some recovery media.

I've just done this on a Compaq system and recently on a Toshiba.

Else clone the drive so you have the partitions handy to restore in the event of a HDD failure.

Comment

I bet it comes pre infected with Norton A/V. That is the first thing to go!
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X