Managing windows 7 fast user switching at a granular level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing windows 7 fast user switching at a granular level

My company is currently running a single W2k3 forest with multiple domains. Our current desktop OS is windows XP and we are in the process of upgrading to windows 7. I would like to utilize the Fast User Switching feature in windows 7. We are a large hospital network and believe that this feature would solve a huge problem in our shared workstation areas by allow multiple users log in and establish individual sessions on workstations. The issue is managing the sessions, we would like to be able to set up logoffs for idle timeouts and other settings (much the same way we do for remote desktop sessions). The management of the feature is critical so we don't run into the situation of multiple sessions staying alive on a workstation bogging down performance. I have been unable to find any Administrative Templates relating to FUS besides turning the feature on and off. Is there any way to manage FUS at a more granular level?

Re: Managing windows 7 fast user switching at a granular level

Have you looked at any GPOs in Windows Server 2008 R2 that may accommodate your requirements? Remember that Win2K3 is now 8 years old and wasn't designed to have all the nitty gritty bit for managing Windows 7.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Managing windows 7 fast user switching at a granular level

I used gpedit.msc on a windows 7 workstation to check the available GPO options for windows 7. I could not find anything that related to management of user sessions created in fast user switching. The only mention of the feature is the option for turning the feature on and off.

Comment

Working...
      X