Bios for a I9400 to support x1400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios for a I9400 to support x1400

Well. Upgraded to Windows 7 and this has been happening a while from time to time, mainly during games and what not, however even simple flash games will do it.

My PC will blackscreen to where I have to hard-shutdown(Power button for 10 seconds) and reboot, and windows always says it's my gfx card, and reading people are saying my GPU's aren't supported in the bios for my Radeon x1400 GFX card, so I was wondering if anyone knew any solutions to this other then flashing a custom 7800go bios and buying a $400 GFX card or going back to vista or XP.
    "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Re: Bios for a I9400 to support x1400

Do you have the correct driver for this? I had a quick look on ATI's site and could not see one for a desktop running Windows 7. It might not be supported.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

I'm using the latest driver for vista, according to other people they said it works just fine.

However, it still gives me less problems then the xp driver. I know they stopped x1400 support totally anyway. I'm trying to find a custom inf for it too as I type.

A+ CE

Comment

You might be better off buying a compatible graphics card. Graphics cards can be incredibly temperamental unless the environment is right and the drivers are brand spanking new.

Is it only with newer games that you experience this problem?

Comment

Nope, anything from a facebook flash game to RIFT/WOW/Major game will do it, it happened once with fallout 2 and it's a game from a while ago.

I would buy a 7800GO but they're $400

A+ CE

Comment

Could you get a cheaper card until you can afford the one you want?

Otherwise, fingers-crossed you can find something to tweak your existing card so it works without crashing.

Comment

Haven't found any others people say work with it. Sadly.

A+ CE

Comment

Working...
              X