Is Windows 7 good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Windows 7 good?

Many of my friends have upgrade the OS to windows 7 and they all say it's good to use, but I really want to hear from the experts about what should we care most when configuring windows 7.

Re: Configuring Windows7 Computer For Multiple Users

Why not try it yourself?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by moiglory View Post
      Many of my friends have upgrade the OS to windows 7 and they all say it's good to use, but I really want to hear from the experts about what should we care most when configuring windows 7.
      Did they upgrade in a corporate enviornment???

All i can really add to what Tom has said is that this is a perfect time to start the clear out and configuration of a brand new SOE.

At least thats what i'm doing.

Comment

Thread split.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

At first I hated how Windows 7 looks, but it grows on you, it's actually quite a nice piece of work.

I've enjoyed windows 7 ever since I got past the graphics of it.

Not many problems out of it yet either.

Currently implementing it into our field sites and it's gone well so far.
          "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Re: Is Windows 7 good?

Originally posted by moiglory
            but I really want to hear from the experts about what should we care most when configuring windows
            IMO, you must have sufficient RAM. 4GB is good, 1GB (I know of a location that the tech installed it with 512MB RAM) is really insufficient.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              IMO, you must have sufficient RAM. 4GB is good, 1GB (I know of a location that the tech installed it with 512MB RAM) is really insufficient.
              As long as you don't use the aero themes 2GB is plenty enough.
              "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

It is very good for a windows O.S, obviously the best desktop O.S out so far.

as far as enterprise goes it is a thousand times more flexible in a network active directory environment, with much much more control in GPO.
                its SOE/sysprep capabilities are a lot better.

Comment

The big advantage of Windows 7 is speed, but overall, it just feels more natural than Vista or XP to me. It's hard to describe exactly what it is, but after using 7 for a while on my laptop, my desktop just doesn't feel quite as smooth or intuitive. It also added a solid 20-30min to the battery life of my laptop compared to vista.

Comment

Originally posted by Managor View Post
                    As long as you don't use the aero themes 2GB is plenty enough.
                    But then you have very little left to run your apps in, ergo 4GB (or even 3GB)
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Oh come on, how about
                      Stability (better than Vista)
                      Hardware support (better than Vista)
                      Not Vista (Priceless)
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Working...
                      X