Configuring Windows7 Computer For Multiple Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Windows7 Computer For Multiple Users

Is there a way to configure a Windows7 system that connects to a Windows2003 domain so that each user that logs in will get the same icons, printers, mapped network drives, etc? In the past, for WindowsXP systems, I would simply logon to the domain as an administrator user, setup the desktop, internet settings, mapped network drives and printers, then copy this profile to the "Default User" profile, then each user that logged on would get the same settings. I have not been able to figure out how to do this for Windows7 systems.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Configuring Windows7 Computer For Multiple Users

Have you enabled, Show hidden files, folders and drives so the Default User profile is visible? Remember that by default it is a HIDDEN Folder.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes, I do know that, but Windows7 is a little different. You can't just copy a profile to the default user profile (permissions issues). There is a different way of doing it. I posted this question to another forum and got some helpful links that may resolve this:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...s-7-Part1.html

Comment

Great link Zoey and thanks for sharing it with our Community. Much appreciated!!
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Not everything works in that link though.

Just be prepared for some work

Comment

Working...
          X