• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printer spooler

Hi,

I'm trying to install my printer.
    and i got that window:
    "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine"

now i've been in a lot of forums this day.
    all about stop and start the spooler service in the services, (that was not in the services).
    or make on log on tab in service "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)". in Methud 2 to be local bat that option was disable (even on safe mode).

on Methud 3 there the reg edit -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Spooler
    bat the Spooler does not exist.

there is a "Fix it" on the web - Fix it 50126
    bat that works only for XP.

so that what i havw found so far-

if anyone can help me to solve this i will very glade.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Method 1:
    You may use the below provided fix it in the Microsoft article and check if this helps you resolve the issue -
    support.microsoft.com/kb/2000007

Method 2:
    You can try the following suggestions and see if the issue gets resolved:
    a. Click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search box.
    b. Right click on Services.msc and then click "Run as administrator".
    c. Double click the service "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)".
    d. Click on the "Log On" tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.
    e. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.
    f. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.
    g. Please repeat the above steps to start Print Spooler Service and check if the issue resolves.
    Method 3:
    If the issue persists you may refer to the below steps and check -
    a. Click Start then type regedit in the Start Search box.
    b. Right click on regedit.exe and then click "Run as administrator".
    c. Expand the "+" to the following keys. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Spooler
    d. Right click on "Spooler", click "Export", and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup. (In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click it to restore the registry key).
    e. The DependOnService value by default should be set to
    RPCSS
    http
    f. Delete any improper values, such as "lexbce".
    g. Quit the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
    REGISTRY EDIT DISCLAIMER:
    Important: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows:
    support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
    Method 4:
    You may perform a SFC (System File Checker) scan. It will list any issues and will also recover the files if needed –Follow the below steps toperform a SFC Scan -
    a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
    b. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow
    A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time
    c. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
    d. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
    e. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
    Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan -support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Re: printer spooler

is this computer on a domain ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi,

Go to Start / Run and type in "services.msc" without quotation marks, then press Enter or click OK.

In the window that opens (Services) look for "Print Spooler" on the right

Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Properties".

Click on the "Recovery" tab and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart The Service".

Make sure the 2 text boxes underneath say "1" in them.

Click Ok until you are back at the Services window, close it and you're good to go.

Go back into the properties of the "Print Spooler" tab and be sure to click Start to restart the Print Spooler service and it will restart the service immediately.

The Print spooler depends on the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service. Is this service disabled? Go to services.msc look for RPC. Check state: Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by crs2007 View Post
        "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine"

now i've been in a lot of forums this day.
        all about stop and start the spooler service in the services, (that was not in the services).
        The exact display name of the service in services.msc is "Print Spooler".

To get more information about the error can you please do the following,

Open the eventviewer and look at the Service events for Spooler Errors. Post here the Event ID(s) and other details of the event.

additionally,
        run CMD.exe and then past the below command lines in this order on the command prompt:
        Code:
        >%temp%.\$ 2>&1 reg.exe query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Spooler
        >>%temp%.\$ 2>&1 (echo.&dir /Q /A "%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe"|find /i "spoolsv.exe") 
        >>%temp%.\$ 2>&1 sc.exe queryex spooler
        >>%temp%.\$ 2>&1 sc.exe qc spooler&&start notepad %temp%.\$
        please copy the results and post them here

/Rems
        Last edited by Rems; 30th August 2011, 15:38.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X