Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder redirection - testing via registry

Hi,

We have a mix of Windows 7 clients and XP I have setup folder redirection within group policy for the XP users and left the 7 users as is. Im now planning on sorting the 7 users but have hit a bit of a hurdle. If I have a user which previously was using the XP redirection and has also then logged into a 7 box the redirection doesnt seem to work - fair enough. So I deleted the user profile and then logged in to the 7 box and edited the registry to point to the network location for the users desktop\fav's\pics etc using the shell folders but it doesnt work.

The OU that the user is in doesnt have any redirects via group policy to conflict with - so I am a little confuzzled. Just trying to test via the reg rather than using GPO's for the time being until I am happy with the setup. The server is an SBS 2008 box - not that should make a difference?
    Thanks
    Last edited by 5habbaranks; 10th May 2011, 15:19.

Re: Folder redirection - testing via registry

So it would seem the fact that Ive changed the registry location is irrelevant. As far as I can see I need to change the actual location "right click on folder, and point to new location" which then in tern modifies the registry accordingly.

Am I doing something wrong or other that via the GP its a manual change for the folder which then changes the registry?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Folder redirection - testing via registry

How are you setting the redirection? SBS prefers you to use the Users section of the SBS Console to enable folder redirection. You may find that it has some policies over-riding your own GP.

Have you tried using the GP results/modelling to see what is being applied to the users on the Win7 machines? Does event viewer on the PCs give you any redirection errors?

Comment

Working...
      X