Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick launch location

HI,

This might be an easy answer but I am trying to move the quick launch toolbar location to the side of the screen. Right now I have it on the taskbar but I want to move it the right side. For some reason it will not let me drag it there. Unless I am doing something wrong.

Is there a gadget I can download to get the same function?

Re: quick launch location

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...tml#post196713

http://windows7themes.net/how-to-add...windows-7.html

Give those a read, while yes, the first it vista, most vista things you can do in windows 7.
    Last edited by Managor; 24th February 2011, 21:22.
    "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

If I understand your problem correctly, you need to unlock the Taskbar. Remove the tick from that option when you right click the Taskbar.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think he just wants his quick launch and not his whole taskbar there.
        "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Well they need to post back so we can all stop playing the guessing game.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Managor View Post
            I think he just wants his quick launch and not his whole taskbar there.

This is correct. I have created the quick launch tool bar but I am trying to move just the quick launch to the right side of the screen. Windows 7 does not seem to work like other versions of windows that allowed me to just drag the quick launch toolbar. I will try out what that vista link mentioned to try.
            Last edited by bmorency; 3rd March 2011, 23:00.

Comment

If you're not able to do this natively in Windows 7, perhaps have a look at Fences - http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/

Even if you can do it, it might be worth having a quick look at Fences anyway since it's a very useful tool. There is a free version available however you would need to confirm that it is permissable to use this for commercial use if installing it within a company etc, since it may only be free for personal use.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks. I will take a look at that program as well.

Comment

Working...
                X