Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any help with - boot failure error status: 0xc000000e?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help with - boot failure error status: 0xc000000e?????

Dear All,
    I'm a newbi. My Toshiba Table M series with recently installed Windows 7 (it was fine with Vista) hsve a boot failure. The message is as follows:

Windows failed to start:
    File: \boot\memtest.exe
    Info: The selected entry couldn't be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I went to BIOS and enabled diagonstic tool. When I restart - it tells me memory is OK, and HDD is OK. Now it tells me to insert Windows Installation disk - which I don't have right now. I created backup of registry and backup of the C: drive - but all of them in D: drive - which is now useless. I would appreciate very much - if you could give me some solutions to this problem. I'm looking forward to hearing from you All and thanking you in advance,

Rana

Re: Any help with - boot failure error status: 0xc000000e?????

it sounds like you may need to rebuild the boot portion of the hard drive.

you will need a windows disk to recreate/repair the boot sectors.

although toshiba may have a repair partition somewhere, you could call and speka to them
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Any help with - boot failure error status: 0xc000000e?????

Hi, I had the same problem with the 0xc000000e error. The best advice i can give you at this time is to borrow or get the OS cd you required and boot from it. Run the repair option it gives you and restart...

It should solve the problem as it solved mine. Hope it helps

Good luck

Kind regards
      Eugene

Comment

Working...
      X