how to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional

I got mdg laptop having Intel core 2 duo processor inside, and Windows 7 professional o/s on it, so i want to use windows XP Mode on this Laptop, i already go to microsoft site, but they are asking for some kind of special cpu like this [Windows Virtual PC requires processors with the Intel VT, AMD-V or VIA VT]. So i like to know whether my Processor suppot or not,. I already try this tool havdetectiontool to detect hardware, but it is not going to install. And i try to install this also Windows6.1-KB977206-x86.msu no success at all.

my aim is to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional, so can any body let me know whether my processor is good or not, . if good the how to get success to run win xp mode.

Hardware-assisted virtualization (HAV), how to enable in Bios on mdg laptop.

I am getting a message saying like [ this computer does not have a Hardware-assisted virtualization], when i run this tool havdetectiontool.

thanks for replies.
    Last edited by tester2; 12th February 2011, 03:02.

Re: how to run win xp mode in windows 7 professional

Hardware Virtualisation is no longer needed:
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=44679

You may have an earlier version of 977206 or maybe you have virtualisation disabled in your BIOS
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Hardware Virtualisation is no longer needed:
      http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=44679

You may have an earlier version of 977206 or maybe you have virtualisation disabled in your BIOS
      i don't know what is this mean [ earlier version of 977206 ], which software is this, where i have to check this.

i tried both of this patches unable to install
      Windows6.1-KB977206-x86.msu & Windows6.1-KB977206-x64.msu

So if you can let me know from where i have to start from the begining then i will give a try.

And i like to know where i have to check x86 or x64 win 7 pro , i already look in COMPUTER properties, it is not showing x64 etc there.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
      Last edited by tester2; 12th February 2011, 18:47.

Comment

Er... compare the number I gave you with the patch you refer to

OK -- are you running win7 32 bit or 64 bit? Use the x86 version for 32bit and the x64 version for 64 bit. Check in computer properties under System Type (a couple of lines under the Windows Experience Score).

Go into the BIOS and look for "Hardware Virtualisation" or "VT" or similar and make sure it is turned on if it exists. While you are at it, post the computer make and exact model so someone can check if it supports virtualisation
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks a lot for fast reply i am using windows 7 pro 32-bit o/s, so i am trying to install this patch Windows6.1-KB977206-x86.msu, no luck at all.

mdg model # MS-10342B, PROCESSOR INTEL CORE 2 DUE,.
          IN bios i don't find VT etc to enable/disable.
          Last edited by tester2; 12th February 2011, 19:44.

Comment

do you have a link for the manufacturers website? is giving me an off day with that model number
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

hxxp://www.mdg.ca/

the above is their web site, is shown on my laptop.

thanks

Comment

i finally install Windows XP Mode on my Laptop & PC having this processors.

1) I get Success on MDG Laptop Windows XP Mode working good, having this processor -- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @1.60 GHz @1.60 GHz

2) I did not get Success on MDG PC installation of all files ok, when I click on Windows XP Mode, it is not going to start after waiting long time nothing comes up, so restart PC check again same problem, having this processor -- Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

So i like to know is there any way i can run Win XP Mode on my PC.

thanks again.
                Last edited by tester2; 13th February 2011, 05:35.

Comment

As per the link I gave you above, you should be able to use XP mode regardless of the processor. For more, see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...c/default.aspx.

If that completely fails, you should still be able to run Virtual PC 2007 on your laptop
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

As posted in the sticky thread, Virtualization Technology is no longer required. Either:-
                    1. Turn on VT in your BIOS and install the appropriate version of Virtual PC and XP Mode
                    or
                    2. Uninstall everything you have currently and install the non-VT version in the correct order

It's working fine for me on a Sony VAIO laptop that doesn't have a VT-capable CPU.
                    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                    sigpic
                    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

My understanding is that the XPMode version supplied http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx works on both VT and non VT capable CPUs. I previously had the VT version installed and when I downloaded the "new" version of XPMode it was a little different from the previous version.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

any way i try uninstal & reinstal on PC no luck at all.

Now i just stick to my laptop, on my laptop Win xp mode is working fine, and resion to instal this mode is to get work my old printer & web cam. both of the i install in win xp mode still this things are not working, so i like to know how the printer (old canon printer) & webcam (old Lebeca webcam)get work on this.

is there any more things i have to install to get this things work,.

For sure both are in working condition, still i am using by installing their drivers on my old Win XP PC, so webcam & Printer are in working condition,. but i want to use them in Win XP Mode on Windows 7 Pro system.

Please let me know is there any thing else i am missing on my Laptop to get this things in work

thanks

Comment

The installation process for the virtual PC is simple. Administrator could run the virtual PC set-up program and the installation does not require a system restart. By creating the first virtual machine, Virtual PC starts running. You could configure Virtual PC to suit your requirements after its installation. It provides a number of settings that help to control how the product interacts with the physical computer, allocates resources etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X