Service Pack 1 is RTM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Pack 1 is RTM

SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 is RTM and was made available for OEM partners.

On February 16th Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 will be available for MSDN and TechNet Subscribers as well as Volume License customers.

On February 22nd, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 will become generally available to download via the Microsoft Download Center and available on Windows Update. It will also come pre-installed on new servers ordered.

Two new features in Windows Server SP1 - Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX - enable sophisticated desktop virtualization capabilities. These features build on the comprehensive virtualization functionality already included in the Windows Server operating system.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Service Pack 1 is RTM

Thanks for the update.
    "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

whow, so its actually already available i will start downloading immediately!

Comment

1,953MB!! Include SP1 x86 & x64 in the one ISO file. For those with a TechNet or MAPS subscription you can also download a full version with SP1 already slipstreamed.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Downloaded earlier and installed on my system and it took approx 1.5hrs to complete.

Installed on an x86 image build and it took approx 30 mins

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
            On February 22nd, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 will become generally available to download via the Microsoft Download Center and available on Windows Update.
            It looks like it's there, but their "Service Pack Center" page still says:
            Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is coming in the first half of 2011ócheck back here for details.
            windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/service-packs
            Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward - WD 1TB 64MB SATA - Win7 Pro/64 SP1 / Trusty Xfce AMD64

Comment

Still morning in Redmond....
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                1,953MB!! Include SP1 x86 & x64 in the one ISO file. For those with a TechNet or MAPS subscription you can also download a full version with SP1 already slipstreamed.

7 Pro with SP 1 is 3.1Gig.

A+ CE

Comment

That depends whether it's RTM or OEM..
                  Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward - WD 1TB 64MB SATA - Win7 Pro/64 SP1 / Trusty Xfce AMD64

Comment

It's the one from MSDN so.

A+ CE

Comment

Has anyone installed it yet? I've already have it in my Windows Update icon, but i'm still waiting for people to say it's safe to install. I'm not that fond of installing major updated in my enviroment before some feedback.

Comment

Yea, I have and nothing has broken yet.

One PC and two Server 08 R2's have it. They work just fine.

A+ CE

Comment

I've had it on my own work system sine it was release to volume licencsing and i've had zero issues.

It does take an age to install though.

Comment

Laptop, 2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7,200rpm HDD, 64bit and it took about 40 minutes to install. (The RC version took 90 minutes)

Been running it since it was realeased on TechNet and have had no issues except it appears to have eaten an extra 150MB of memory.
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ive downloaded and installed it and no issues yet.Ill know more after the weekend when i can really give it a whirl.Finally a weekend off!Yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X