Imaging & restore in win7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaging & restore in win7

Hi, i have 30 laptops to configure the applications with win 7. all have same hardware . i configured all applications in win 7 & make image with backup utility of win7 & restore it no another laptop . everything s fine after restore . my query s if i join all these laptop in domain . does the issue happened due to duplicate SID , as i had restore the image . is any issue Wil happened update the gpo & getting updates from WSUS. PL. advice.

Re: Imaging & restore in win7

Hi gaurav_abbot,

If I was in your situation I would have created a reference build on one of your laptops, and then run sysprep to remove any SID's etc.....

There are free tools you could then use to capture the image like imagex /capture.

Not sure what environment you are in but have you thought about MDT? Makes alot of lightwork creating and deploying images.

Regards
    Mark
    Mark Couch
    A+, MCTS, MCITP(SA, EDA7)
    South Wales, UK.

Comment

There are multiple was to change the SID. http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...0f9b0605844ddb

For future reference, choose a method that changes the SID when the image is being deployed. Most of my imaging deployments have been with Symantec Ghost and the SID is changed when the system reboots after the image has been deployed.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

30 laptops? I would use MDT 2010 with WDS to capture the reference (part of the process will sysprep the machine) and deploy either via a USB or using pxe boot. recently done this and very simple and efficient

Cheers
        Richard

Comment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee530017

Try the link above.

Comment

Originally posted by richf View Post
            30 laptops? I would use MDT 2010 with WDS to capture the reference (part of the process will sysprep the machine) and deploy either via a USB or using pxe boot. recently done this and very simple and efficient

Cheers
            Richard
            Just wanted to say thanks for the tip. I have been looking for something like this.

Comment

Working...
            X