Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Password Prompt

Dear All

I have 3 windows 7 pc, pc1 pc2 and pc3 in workgroup enviorment they all work fine and access share to each other but i recently facing one problem with on windows 7 pc3

when i access pc3 it is not prompting to password and directly open explorer

all other pc prompt for password to access share.

when i access pc pc3 with \\pc3 it is not prompting for password and directly open blank explorer no share in it.

but when create session with cmd "net use \\pc3 /user:administrator password"
    it give share

i want to pc3 prompt for password.

i tried many thing but nothing resolved the problem like disabling firewall, gpo, network sharing center option, joining or creating workgroup

Re: No Password Prompt

Hi.

Are you using any software that automatically fills in the password dialog boxes with predefined credentials? Perhaps it does it so quickly before you manage to see it and the password is incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by Capsel Chase View Post
      Hi.

Are you using any software that automatically fills in the password dialog boxes with predefined credentials? Perhaps it does it so quickly before you manage to see it and the password is incorrect?

no i am not using any software any other solution

Comment

Disable the guest account.

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts\Manage Accounts
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
          Disable the guest account.

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts\Manage Accounts
          i already check guest account is disable this problem is strange to me because i already check many solution but not work every thing in windows is default.

Comment

Have you reviewed Credential Manager to see if it has cached a password there?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
              Have you reviewed Credential Manager to see if it has cached a password there?
              sorry for late answer yes i review Credential Manager and i also add password in credential manager but it not work either.

Comment

Working...
              X