Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• answer file for window 7

Hi!

I have created answer unattend.xml file for my window 7 installation. I have selected the inputlocale , system lanuage as se-sv. Every thing works fine after i select the image i mean keyboard settings , time zone as per answer file. My only concern is that as soon as image loads i have to enter language to install and iput and keyboad language before the image selection.

What is the option that as soon as the image loads i only get the username\password prompt.

Regards,

Re: answer file for window 7

From memory you can't. Been a while since I setup a new WDS server but IIRC you will ALWAYS get prompted for input language first, followed by username and password. What you select doesn't matter, as it is overridden by the unattend files, but you do always get the prompt.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

OTTOMH there are two answer files -- one for the pre-setup section (which may include language) and one for the actual installation. Please don't ask me what they are called as I do not have any course notes handy
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ok may be i was lucky one time that i was jumped to username\password prompt directly.

Regards,

Comment

Having though about it a little more I think you only get the prompt if you have multiple images. If you only have one image for deployment it jumps straight to the username and password prompt. Can't remember though, it is a while since I set one up.

Ossian: ImageUnattend.xml (image specific) and WDSClientUnattend.xml (Global to the server) are the 2 files I have. Don't think the names matter particularly but those are the defaults.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

That sounds like the ones....
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X