Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Mouse Graphic Glitch?

Hello,

I have this problem on my home computer that I have been putting up with since I installed Win 7, and its finally got the better of me.

My mouse cursor is glitched.

It seems to effect Random programs (all MS apps, StarCraft 2, Battlefield 2, but NOT Windows Media Player (The ONLY MS app that does not do it)).

The Graphic glitch come in 2 versions, one is 90% of a square, with some random dots missing from it, that inverts the colors of my background.

The other makes a few lines vetically though the pointer. In these lines the graphic is offset by about 75% (think about it this way, all these dots are ment to be in a line. ...'.'.' ) I will attach images when I get home to clear this up.

Wofen

EDIT : I would of posted those images... but last night it did not happen at all. So the computer must of known. Will post next time it actuly happens.
    Last edited by Wofen; 26th October 2010, 02:51. Reason: Edit:
    Good to be back....

Re: Windows 7 Mouse Graphic Glitch?

Hello guys....!
    Nice topic.great work.Thank you for your usefull information.I like this kind of post which tell us much wanderfull massage.

Comment

Is your graphic card driver up to date?

Some pics would definitely be useful.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

@ Blood
        Yeah... but the screen shot does not show the glitch.

I will need to take a photo, but I have not had much time as off late, at lest not at home and awake.

Yes, everything is up to date, Fireware, drivers, Bios, everything. This is my gaming machine, its tuned like a fine car. Its not heat ether, as its a dual water loop, and the water never gets above Room temp +3c.

I have reinstalled Win 7, I have the same problem on the Win7 Beta, and that was on different hardware.

I always assumed it was a common win7 problem, but I have not been able to find anything really on it, but its got me 3 times, on 2 different version of qin 7, on 2 different hardware setups (The computer is 100% new, but there was a transfer period during the upgrade).

It also effects all mouse pointer packs, all the MS ones, and one I dled for a test.

@ Theordore
        Was that a joke? With some of YOUR one line OPs out there. People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

That is very strange. I'm a member of a private gaming forum. I'll ask there and see if they have come across this before.
          Last edited by Blood; 28th October 2010, 06:27.

Comment

Thanks, I have a camera to take a photo of the screen tonight, so if it happens again tonight, I will post that up.

But, knowing my computer and how it likes to play with me as much as I play with it, it will work like a dream for the next week.

Wofen
            Good to be back....

Comment

One of the guys has suggested the following:

It's a bit like groping in the dark, but what could be tried to make it go away is (of course most of it only for testing, to find the cause):

1.) Try a different video card driver (older?)
              2.) Turn off Aero
              3.) Turn off the mouse pointer effects (shadows under the mouse pointer etc.) in System Properties/Performance Options/Visual Effects

Let us know if these help.

[Edit]
              Regarding a screenshot - you say that it affects games too - does a screenshot not show the reticule properly?
              Last edited by Blood; 28th October 2010, 11:13.

Comment

Its not happening at the moment, but becuse of a stupidly large power bill I have been forced to shut my systems down at night. This might of just stopped it, as I am pretty sure it happened when I was running more then on GPU application (A HD movie, a FPS and a MMORPG at the same time (yes, I am a little crazy)).

I will running a 7 day burn in soon, so I will test it then, as I do not like having to restart my system now days :P

Anyhow, restarts have resovled the problem.

And Blood, I have disabled aero and the mouse effects, at about the same time as I start the restarts, so I will reapplyed and could not get the glitch.

It does seems to be the way that the problem is sloved the second I post anything after months of being annoied....

Oh well, tis gone till I do my burn in, and I will see if I can get it gappen again, as I would like to find out whats doing this/a solution.

Thanks Blood for your time.

Wofen
                Good to be back....

Comment

Found out what was causing this problem, no idea how it is possible, but its what happened.

My VGA to Displayport adapter was causing the glitch.

I had no other problems other then a mouse pointer not looking right, and it turns out that the adapters Earth was buggered.

I will Mail you $5 AUD for anyone who can explane this too me, becuse it just seems odd that a broken earth on a displayport adapter caused a mouse icon glitch....

Wofen
                  Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
                  X