windows 7 issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 7 issue.

Hi guys, hope you all are doing great out there.
    I have a real big problem. my system is unable to start. It get stuck severeal times in the starting screen of windows. Then the PC restart it self and a screen came up which says launch a repair setup or start windows normally. this happen several times before i can go to the desktop screen. can any one of you guide me whats up with my PC. If you are unable to understand my question plz comment i ll help you understand with images..
    Thank you.

Insert installation media, boot off it and launch the Repair option.
    If you have data on the HDD then you may wish to remove the drive and backup your data before running the Repair.

If this isn't applicable to your situation then please post back with images and/or further questions.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i will post pix as soon as i get back to home..
      Some times the PC starts normally but as soon as it reaches to the desktop this error prompt out and pc is restarted..

Comment

Can you tell us a bit more about your system, starting with the hardware specs, also the version of WIndows 7.
        When did it start misbehaving? Did you do anything at the time?

Can you reboot into safe mode (F8 while booting)?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you made any changes in your BIOS recently?

That message essentially means that windows cannot mount your boot volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Can you tell us a bit more about your system, starting with the hardware specs, also the version of WIndows 7.
            When did it start misbehaving? Did you do anything at the time?

Can you reboot into safe mode (F8 while booting)?
            I have an old machine, its quad core, Pentium-4 2.4Ghz, 2gb ram.
            Windows 7 64-bit i guess. its been a month since it has started all this stuff. i am tired of it. i have to restart 5-6 times, run the setup(recommended) every time.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Have you made any changes in your BIOS recently?

That message essentially means that windows cannot mount your boot volume.
              NO i havn't. i refrain my self going there.
              but in the starting it says date and time not set. plz go in bois to set it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

NO i havn't. i refrain my self going there.
                but in the starting it says date and time not set. plz go in bois to set it.
                Could well be that the BIOS battery has given out, so it has lost the settings including which drive to boot from

Try getting a new battery (if it is a desktop, it should be an easy swap out, if a laptop it will be "some assembly required")
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X